Investing in apprentices can bring vital fresh talent and energy into your organisation. And for UK companies, the apprenticeship levy means that recruiting and training talented apprentices makes more sense than ever.
That’s why we’ve collaborated with some of our clients to develop a business-writing skills course especially for apprentices.
All too often, we find that apprentices have a range of great technical ability but don’t have the experience of writing in a business environment.
They need the confidence to apply their traditional writing skills in a more professional way, particularly when they may be writing to audiences they are not familiar with.
That’s exactly what we’ve designed this course to deliver. It will give your apprentices a complete grounding in all areas of professional writing, whatever they write – whether that’s day-to-day emails, management reports or customer letters.
On a typical one-day course, they will learn how to:
- get their document’s key messages across – without pointless waffle
- stop making howling grammar and punctuation errors
- build a logical structure into any document, from proposals to emails, letters to reports
- understand the crucial fundamentals of effective document design
- stop procrastinating and claw back the time lost to writer’s block
- match their tone and level of language precisely to their readers
- bring a new level of confidence to their writing.
Your course will be unique to your organisation: we’ll take samples of what your apprentices write before the course, to make sure they can see exactly how to apply everything they learn to what they do. The end result will be lasting improvements in everything they write – and you’ll stop spending your time worrying about their writing.