Have you noticed that your team become different people when they write?
Perhaps they suddenly become needlessly formal, sprinkling their writing with ‘therebys’ and ‘myselfs’. Or maybe they let their professionalism slip by making simple errors, like using ‘their’ where they should use ‘they’re’. Or they could simply fail to get to the point, filling up documents with meaningless waffle.
Mistakes like these might leap out at you whenever you read your team’s writing. But errors aren’t just jarring; they’re also costly.
They cost you your time. Instead of leading your team, you have to spend hours re-writing or editing documents that should be correct the first time. You become the unofficial editor, worried about every document your team sends out. (And if you’re in HR or L&D, it becomes another pressing training need which you’re responsible for addressing.)
You may feel you’re fighting a lonely battle. But you’re right to expect a great standard of writing from your team.
That’s exactly what we’ve designed this course to deliver. It will give your team a complete grounding in all areas of professional writing, whatever they write – whether that’s day-to-day emails, management reports or customer letters.
On a typical one-day course, they will learn how to:
- get their document’s key messages across – without pointless waffle
- stop making howling grammar and punctuation errors
- build a logical structure into any document, from proposals to emails, letters to reports
- understand the crucial fundamentals of effective document design
- stop procrastinating and claw back the time lost to writer’s block
- match their tone and level of language precisely to their readers
- bring a new level of confidence to their writing.
Your course will be unique to your organisation: we’ll take samples of what your team writes before the course, to make sure your team can see exactly how to apply everything they learn to what they do.
The end result will be lasting improvements in everything they write. They’ll stop turning into different people every time they write – and you’ll stop spending your time worrying about their writing.