Whilst some people relish the chance to present, others live in fear of being asked to speak in public, whatever their level of seniority within the organisation.
This course is specifically aimed at the latter (though anyone who may have to speak in public at work can benefit from attending). We help turn subject matter experts, such as financial, IT, HR, analytical, legal or technical staff, into outstanding presenters.
Unlike other presentation skills courses, this one has been designed by experts who have had to overcome their fears. Our trainers are people who have forged successful careers, largely through speaking in public despite their initial reluctance to do so.
They’ve dissected what it takes to go from being a reluctant presenter to a fearless public speaker. One thing the course does not do is try and make them someone they’re not. Doing that, in our experience, only increases the fear.
Instead, our presentation skills course strips away each of the barriers that cause so much anxiety, then builds up the competence of each individual. Because solid competence is where truly public-speaking confidence comes from.
Who is it for?
This course will benefit any individual who may be asked to speak in front of internal or external audiences at work.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course, individuals will be able to:
- use a style of presentation that suits their subject and type of audiences they are dealing with
- make the most of their natural personality to deliver in a way that plays to their strengths and that they’ll find most comfortable
- define and refine their brief so they are clear on what they want people to know, feel and do as a result of their talk
- make sure they have the right content, and structure their talk in the best way to convince their audience
- develop the words and pictures needed to bring the subject to life
- use their voice to project meaning and presence
- manage and enhance non-verbal communication, including gesture, eye contact, dress and movement
- encourage and manage positive audience reaction.
What does the programme include?
- two days of face-to-face presentation skills training (we can adapt the course for shorter or longer sessions as required)
- pre-course analysis, including a questionnaire and chance to send an existing slide deck for review
- practical experience, support and advice
- an action plan showing areas to focus on both during the course and afterwards