We all read content on the web. But more and more, professionals in almost any department are called on to write web content, too.
And this can include almost any kind of writing – blogs, intranet pages, marketing copy or anything else that fits in the four borders of a web browser.
Yet web writing requires solid writing skills – skills you may have found your team need to improve in.
Perhaps they fail to grab their readers’ attention – a common and fatal mistake online. Or maybe they fail to establish a key take-home message for each page. Or they may simply fail to write in your organisation’s tone of voice, leading to pages that feel inconsistent.
It doesn’t have to be this way. These are fixable problems, which is why we’ve designed a day of targeted training which will dramatically improve the effectiveness of your team’s web writing.
In this web-writing course, your team will learn how to:
- win their readers’ attention by understanding the psychology of great headlines
- engage their audience and put key information first (so it is not buried in the page)
- build a logical structure for all their web pages
- make the most of links to create pages that are as useful as possible
- write pages that their readers will want to read
- use the latest search engine optimisation (SEO) techniques for getting their pages noticed by search engines (while avoiding those methods that result in penalties)
- avoid common grammar traps and learn how to proofread web pages for errors.
The course we deliver will be tailored to your needs. We’ll focus on the types of web pages you want your organisation to write and the readers your team are writing for.
So whether your team are writing for their intranet or for a huge external audience, we’ll design the right course for your team. By the end of the course, your team will write web pages that work for your organisation: from communicating crucial information to getting visitors to take the right action.