Any personal information you provide via the Site may be used for the purposes outlined below. We may disclose this information to other companies in the Emphasis group and their subcontractors in connection with these purposes, but it will not be processed for other purposes or disclosed to other third parties without your express permission.
Use of personal information
We process personal information collected via the Site for the purposes of:
- providing and personalising our services
- dealing with your enquiries and requests
- providing reservation or booking services
- maintaining information as a reference tool or general resource
- carrying out market research campaigns
- providing you with information about products and services we offer.
We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing this website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
• make our website work as you’d expect
• remember your settings during and between visits
• improve the speed/security of the site
• allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
• continually improve our website for you
• make our marketing more efficient (which ultimately keeps down the costs to you).
• collect personally identifiable or sensitive information without your express permission
• pass data to advertising networks
• pass personally identifiable data to third parties
• pay sales commissions.
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below.
Website function cookies
Our own cookies
• remembering your search settings
• allowing you to add comments to our site.
Unfortunately there is no way to prevent these cookies being set if you use our site.
Third party functions
Our site, like most websites, includes functionality provided by third parties (eg YouTube). We’ve listed these below. Disabling cookies will probably break the functions offered by third parties:
These cookies help power the video on our site.
Social website cookies
We have included buttons on our site so you can easily ‘Like’ or share our content on social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter. The plugin we use requires cookies to function.
The privacy implications of this will vary from social network to social network and will depend on the privacy settings you have chosen on those networks.
Anonymous visitor statistics cookies
• how visitors reached our website (eg from an advert, from social networks, from Google etc)
• the site usage of visitors to our website (such as the number of pages viewed, time spend on individual pages, the pages visitors leave our site on)
• how often visitors return to our site
• visitor technology (eg browser, operating system, device etc).
These statistics help us make our site as user-friendly as possible, to ensure a good experience for all visitors.
Google Analytics – a program that helps us measure site usage.
ResponseTap – a phone-call tracking system that allows us to see the website usage of people who call us. This includes where callers come from, how they arrived at our website, and which pages they viewed. ResponseTap is responsible for the automatically generated phone number on our pages and in our header banner. If you want to avoid giving us this information, simply call us using 01273 732 888 instead. That way no website usage information will be linked to your phone call.
Infusionsoft – a program that keeps track of the people we send email marketing to. If you give us your email address using a web form, your activity on this site will be associated with your email in our Infusionsoft database.
Turning cookies off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it accepting cookies. Click the name of your preferred browser below to learn how:
Please be aware though that turning off cookies will impair the performance of many websites.